Who Am I?
- I have worked with dogs and cats professionally as an instructor since 2007 and worked with horses for over 18 years.
- I moved from North London to South East London in 2011 and I offer my services and expertise in dog behaviour and training in the surrounding areas to Crystal Palace & Dulwich.
- I promote only kind, fair and effective evidence based training techniques. I actively encourage the use clicker training because it builds a wonderful open communication between handler and dog, building their bond, trust and confidence. For people who find it hard to use a clicker we use an alternative marker, consistent sound or a word instead. I do not use methods or equipment designed to inflict physical pain, discomfort, fear or intimidation.
- I am a Be A Tree Dog Bite Prevention Presenter as I believe it is imperative that our young children of today learn how to act appropriately around dogs and how to read their body language effectively.
- I am constantly keeping up to date with current research, attending seminars, conferences and training courses. We can never know enough!
- I am a fully Certified member of the International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants (IAABC) a behaviourist through the Animal Behaviour & Training Council (ABTC)
- I am one of the Victoria Stilwell Positively Dog Trainers (VSPDT)
- I am a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers UK (APDT) (01294) and trainer through the Animal Behaviour & Training Council (ABTC)
- I am a proud Full Member Dog Training Professional of The Pet Professional Guild – The Association for Force-Free Professionals (Membership No. 29609901)
- I have been assessed & Certified Canine Behaviourist
- I am Fully insured, I hold both Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance for both my own and your peace of mind.
- I am also a Certified Dog First Aider.
- National Behaviour Conference – June 2018 Positively Victoria Stilwell
- UK Animal Behaviour Conference May 2018 – IAABC
- Dog Detective TTouch Weekend April 2018 – Sarah Fisher
- Canine Health Seminar: Thyroid Disorders March 2018 –
- TAG Teach January 2018
- Scent-work Planning and Problem Solving March 2018 – Robert Hewings
- BAT 2.0 Advanced Day Training October 2017 – Grisha Stewart
- A Weekend with Kathy Sdao September 2017
- Diploma In Canine Behaviour May 2017 – ISCP
- DeafDog Activities May 2017 – Morag Heirs
- Learn About the NEW “Be a Tree” program & how to implement it into your business May 2017– Niki Tudge
- Learn How to Organize aKittengarten: It’s Good for Cats, Good for Your Business, and Good Fun! April 2017 – Paula Garber
- Scent& The Assistance Dog – the development within PTSD March 2017 – Robert Hewings
- Step Off the Treadmill – Time Management forDog Trainers February 2017 – Gina Phairas
- Pharmacology November 2016 – Dr Karen L. Overall
- The Art and Science of Canine Behaviour November 2016 – Patricia McConnell
- Expanding Your Force Free Training Tool Kit June 2016 – Chirag Patel
- TTouch Workshop May 2016 – Sarah Fisher
Seminar :Building Cooperation with your dog on an dofflead May 2016 – Grisha Stewart
- Dog Aggression May 2016 – Chirag Patel
- The Emotional Life Of Dogs Dogs Trust Canterbury Dec 2015
- Dog Law Seminar Dogs Trust Canterbury Oct 2015 – Trevor Cooper
2 dayBehaviour Adjustment Training for Aggression, Frustration and Fear seminar Oct 2015 – Grisha Stewart
- Calming The Conflict Canine Behaviour Seminar Dogs Trust Canterbury Oct 2015
- Something For Everyone Lecture Dogs Trust Basildon Oct 2015 – Robert Falconer-Taylor
- BAT 101
Course :Introduction to Behaviour Ajustment Training Sept 2015 – Grisha Stewart
- Empowered Puppy Raising Course Aug 2015 – Grisha Stewart
- Canine Behaviour Training Diploma Aug 2015
- ‘No Walks? No Worries!’ Seminar July 2015 – Sian Ryan MSc MAPDT, UK
- ‘On Lead Aggression, Reactivity and Conflict in Dogs’ Seminar July 2015 – Dawn Allen (Four Positive Paws)
- Qualified Dog First Aid for Professionals May 2015
- I became a Be a Tree Dog Bite Prevention Presenter in June 2014.
- Attended the National Dog Bite Prevention and Behaviour Conference May 2014.
- Gained Distinction 5 day CAP (Competency Assessment Program) 1 & 2 Clicker Trainer Assessment Feb 2009 – Learning About Dogs
- Completed 5
day‘Teaching Adults To Teach Dogs’ Learning About Dogs 2008 – Learning About Dogs Kay Lawrence
I started my professional career with dogs as an instructor for Alpha Dog Training School in Enfield in 2007, training under Steve Mann (APDT, IMDT), I taught classes there for many years in both obedience and agility at all levels.
I successfully gained my Clicker Training CAP 1 and CAP 2 Clicker Training with distinction in 2008 and actively keep up to date with positive reinforcement training methods.
I completed courses with Kay Lawrence at ‘Learning About Dog’s in 2007 including their instructor course and continued to teach group classes at Alpha Dog Training School including puppy, advanced obedience and agility until 2010.
I took part in a one day course for training dogs to be assistance dogs in 2010, with Val Harvey (APDT, DipCABT) and Chris Mancini (APDT, DipCABT) where I found a lot of great inspiration for helping my own dogs assist my mother. I also loved attending their weekly classes to progress my own training style and ability with my own dogs’ training alongside some wonderful instructors and enthusiastic dog lovers committed to using kind, fair and effective training methods.
I passed the assessment and was Certified Canine Behaviourist in 2017, I am a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainer (APDT 01294) registered Accredited Animal Behaviour and Training Organisation of the ABTC, a Proud Member of the Pet Professional Guild of Force Free Trainers, one of Victoria Stilwell’s Positively Dog Trainers (VSPDT) and for my behaviour work am a fully Certified member of the International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants (IAABC). I continue to keep up to date with current force-free training methods and attend regular courses and seminars, taking part in weekly discussions with international trainers.