Dog Bite Prevention
I am passionate about safety for dogs and children together, both in private and public places. As 1 in 4 families own a dog in the UK today it is essential that children are educated about dog bite prevention and safety around dogs. I can give presentations in schools, scout clubs, after school clubs or in private, the talk is aimed at all children who are of primary school age 5-11yrs old.
The Be a Tree program is a dog bite prevention seminar program for school age children. This program focuses on fun and interactive activities to teach children how to read dog body language and how to act safely around their own dog and strange dogs.
Half of all children are bitten by a dog by the time they are 12 years old. Find out for yourself by asking your students how many have been bitten and how many knew the dog that bit them.
Bites are preventable in many cases with a little education, so why not give me a call and we can talk about how making a presentation to your students could really help prevent dog bites in the future and it is fun too.
I offer 3 different dog bite prevention programs
For families who are about to welcome a new bundle of joy. I come to your house and talk you through the best way to prepare your furry friend for the new arrival and how best to manage the first few months and first year of your new babies life around your dog.
Children & New Dog
For people with older children (over 2 years old) who are bringing a dog home for the first time. I teach you and your family how to read dog body language. We then make a plan on the best way to introduce your new dog to your family so that your first few days are successful. Leading the way for a wonderful life together.
Be A Tree Program
I am a Dog Bite Prevention presenter for school age children, I can come to your school, clubs, groups etc, for more information please see the description below or you can call or email me. Focusing on fun, interactive activities teaching children how to read dog body language and how to act safely around their own dog and strange dogs.
Private New Baby & Children with New Dog programs taught at your home each cost £135.
I come to your home and discuss your individual needs teaching all family members how to read dog body language through interactive games.
If you would like to book me to present the Be A Tree Program to a group of children in school or after school activity clubs please do get in touch and I can give you further information. I organise to try to get sponsorship from local businesses to your school or club so that local businesses can support a great scheme and have advertising opportunities by having their logo printed on to the material the children get to take home a postcard reminding them of their tools and a certificate. I have 4 different packages businesses can choose from. Download the package pdf here
What are the benefits of adopting a classroom by becoming a Be a Tree sponsor?
- The Adopt-a-Classroom program is a socially responsible way to keep your business and brand in front of families.
- The program brings your business to the attention of new customers and promotes customer retention.
- Your logo and information will be printed on the internationally recognized I’m Safe educational materials received by each child in the program.
- Your business will be publicly recognized for your sponsorship and participation.
- Your logo with a link and acknowledgment of your sponsorship will appear on the Doggone Safe Presenter’s website for the duration of the project and until the end of the current calendar year.
- You will receive a sponsor recognition certificate for display.
- This program will benefit the community by teaching children, and by extension their families, how to read dog body language and be safe around dogs.
- This will reduce the bite risk for children and hopefully also reduce the number of dogs surrendered to rescues or euthanised for behaviour problems.